Products » SolarMap Skin
Skin texture analysis with the SolarMap software
The credibility of a cosmetic product cannot be gained just on promises; its properties must be proved through methodologies scientifically valid.
The difference on the skin before, during and after treatment appears mainly in terms of topography and color enhancements. Both of them can be assessed using SolarMap Skin, the ideal analysis software to evaluate the fore, the effects and the efficacy of the cosmetics used.
Most cosmetic products claim an effect on the upper layers of the cutaneous surface, for example:
- dry skin can be restructured using a cosmetic formulated to balance the hydrolipidic state of the skin
- a wrinkle disappears under the action of an effective anti-ageing product
- cellulite on thighs can be reduced by a thinning product, having a smoothing effect on the skin
- the skin of a man's face, damaged by repeated intensive shaving, can be restructured using treating after-shave
- a sun lotion treats the damages caused by the sun on the cutaneous surface
SolarMap Skin can also be used for artificial skin textures, i.e. for the comparison of ordinary leather and its human copy to produce the texture of a car dashboard.
Mean depth of wrinkle: 249 µm
Volume of the wrinkle: 1.16 mm3
....and after treatment
Mean depth of wrinkle: 183µm
Volume of the wrinkle: 0.92 mm3
Textured surface of a plastic dashboard (simulated leather)