Products » SolarMap Form
SolarMap Form for flatness and form analysis
SolarMap Form offers a variety of functions for the analysis of form and flatness:
- Management of non-rectangular surfaces. For example, a root-mean square roughness (Sq) can be calculated on one side of a disc.
- The form of the sample can be removed in order to study the roughness or follow the form error from the given geometrical form.The software can find the circle, cylinder or sphere that best fits the sample. For more complex forms, a polynom can be searched, up to degree 12, in X and Y. During this process, certain areas can be excluded from the calculation.
- A sample being worn down by a mechanical process can be studied by subtracting the worn surface from the original one. The sample is measured before and after the process.
- A data set of measured points made of triplets (x, y, z), generated by a CAD system or a Coordinate Measurement Machine, can be loaded into SolarMap Form. The software then calculates the missing points by interpolation.
- A sample can be levelled in order to make an area horizontal. The Least-Square plane is calculated only on the selected area, but the levelling is applied to the whole surface.
- A 3D topography can be studied by extracting a cross section in any direction, even following a complex path (for example, following the bottom of a valley).
- Calculation of the volume of holes, bumps.
Step height and angle measurement on
a microchip part
Flatness measurement on
a pump part